Announcing "Spin with the Eagles"
JOIN THE AWARD WINNING MILTON COLORGUARD FOR
SPIN WITH THE EAGLES!!!
Milton High School's Award-Winning Colorguard is hosting Spin with the Eagles on October 28th and 29th. Colorguard is the visual ensemble that performs with the marching band during football games and competitions. They learn and perform choreographed routines which involve spinning flags, sabres and rifles with precision dance and movement elements.
Spin with the Eagles is a mini camp specifically designed for grades K-8 to expose students to Colorguard performances. Participants will learn cheers and a spinning routine from our Colorguard. They will cheer with the band in the stands and perform on the football field during halftime. This is an excellent opportunity for students to see if they may want to pursue colorguard during their middle school and high school careers. It is also a lot of fun to hang out with the colorguard to cheer and perform during our homecoming game.
The registration fee for this event is $37. It includes two after-school practices with Milton’s colorguard instructor and team, Friday night dinner, and marching into the stadium before the game. The registration fee also includes a commemorative t-shirt they will wear during performance. The registration deadline for the Spin with the Eagles event is Friday, October 15, 2021.
**NOTE - We are delaying our Thursday 10/28 practice start time to 6:30pm to allow everyone to enjoy the Homecoming Parade and Fall Festival. Thursday's pick up time remains 8pm. **
Registration for SPIN 2021 has been extended until Friday, 10/22.
Click HERE to Register
SPIN WITH THE EAGLES SCHEDULE:
Thursday October 28th, 2021 (Practice day):
- All participants report to the Milton High School flagpole area beginning at 6:30pm.
- Check in your student and receive a “Spin with the Eagles” t-shirt! (Participants will wear this shirt during the performance on Friday night.)
- The students will learn their routine from 6:45pm – 8:00pm, receiving instruction from Milton High’s award winning Colorguard staff and current Colorguard members.
- Be sure to wear light colored clothing and remember a water bottle or jug! Water breaks will occur throughout practice.
Parents are welcome to stay and watch or pick their child up at 8:00pm.
Friday, October 29th, 2021
(Practice and Performance day):
- Report to Milton High School flagpole at 4:45pm.
- Participants will eat dinner with the MHS Colorguard.
- Participants will run through the routine one last time.
- Parade to the stadium with the full Marching Band ~6:45-7:00 pm; additional details provided closer to the date.
- For the first half of the game, students will sit with the Colorguard section of the Marching Band in the stands and enjoy all the fun cheers, music, and dancing
- We greatly appreciate parents’ efforts to help us keep everyone accounted for by resisting the temptation to sneak in a quick break while children are in the stands cheering with the Colorguard. We take our chaperoning seriously and have a policy that all children remain with the Colorguard at all times until they are officially checked out after the half-time performance. There will be plenty of scheduled bathroom breaks. In the event a child has an emergency and needs to use the restroom, he/she will be escorted by the appropriate adult band chaperone. Thank you for your help and understanding! We welcome and encourage all parents to sit in the Marching Band/Colorguard parent section to help us cheer! This is located just in front of the Marching Band/Colorguard, all the way to the right when you walk in and face the stands.
- Halftime – PERFORMANCE
- At the completion of half-time, all parents should meet your child’s chaperones in the end zone closest to front gate/concession stands. We must sign-out each student to their respective parent/guardian that signs this form.
Questions? Contact Cherie Pedowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are so thankful to our Diamond sponsors for their generosity!