Announcing "Spin with the Eagles"
JOIN THE AWARD WINNING MILTON COLORGUARD FOR
SPIN WITH THE EAGLES!!!
Milton High School's Award-Winning Colorguard is hosting Spin with the Eagles on October 20th and 21st. Colorguard is the visual ensemble that performs with the marching band during football games and competitions. They learn and perform choreographed routines which involve spinning flags, sabres and rifles with precision dance and movement elements.
Spin with the Eagles is a mini camp specifically designed for grades K-8 to expose students to Colorguard performances. Participants will learn cheers and a spinning routine from our Colorguard. They will cheer with the band in the stands and perform on the football field during halftime. This is an excellent opportunity for students to see if they may want to pursue colorguard during their middle school and high school careers. It is also a lot of fun to hang out with the colorguard to cheer and perform during our homecoming game.
The registration fee for this event is $37. It includes two after-school practices with Milton’s colorguard instructor and team, Friday night dinner, and marching into the stadium before the game. The registration fee also includes a commemorative t-shirt they will wear during performance. The registration deadline for the Spin with the Eagles event is Friday, October t, 2022.
Deadline EXTENDED to
Monday, October 10th
Click HERE to Register
SPIN WITH THE EAGLES SCHEDULE:
Thursday October 20th, 2022 (Practice day):
- Participant check-in will begin at 6pm at Milton High School, near the flagpole.
- Upon checking in, participants and parents will each receive a wrist band that will be used for identification during check out.
- Participants will also receive their “Spin with the Eagles” t-shirt which will be worn for the Friday night halftime performance.
- Attire- Comfortable clothes and athletic shoes.
- Remember a water bottle or jug! Water breaks will occur throughout practice.
- Practice will conclude at 7:30pm, check-out will be located at the main entrance, near the flagpole.
- Parents are welcome to stay and watch practice in the cafeteria OR pick up their child(ren) at 7:30.
Friday, October 21st, 2022 (Practice and Performance day):
- Check in will begin at 4:45pm at the Milton High School flagpole.
- Participants and parents will each receive a wrist band that will be used for identification at check out.
- Attire- Please have your child arrive in their “Spin with the Eagles” t-shirt, black leggings or comfortable pants, and athletic shoes.
- Participants will eat dinner with MHS Colorguard and practice their routine.
- Pizza, fruit, and cookies will be served, please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns with food allergies.
- 6:45-7:00 Parade to the stadium with the full Marching Band. Parents can gather to view the parade into the stadium with the band on the front lawn or along the carpool side of MHS.
- Game Time! For the first half of the game, participants will sit with the Colorguard in the stands and enjoy all the fun, cheers, music, and dancing!
- We greatly appreciate parents’ efforts to help us keep everyone accounted for by making sure their child(ren) remain in the stands with the Colorguard during the game. For the safety of all participants, they MUST remain with the Colorguard at all times until they are officially checked out after the halftime performance. In the event that a child needs to use the restroom, an adult chaperone will escort them to the restroom. Thank you for your help and understanding!
- We welcome and encourage all parents to sit in the Marching Band/Colorguard parent section to help us cheer! This is located just in front of the Marching Band/Colorguard, all the way to the right when you enter the stadium and face the press box.
- Halftime- Participants take the field to perform! Please remain in the stands until the Half-time show is over.
- At the completion of half-time, parents will meet your child’s chaperones in the end zone closest to front gate/concession stands. We will release each student to their respective parent/guardian with matching wristband.
Questions? Contact Gina Piper at firstname.lastname@example.org